Middle Ear Implant Surgery Korea
The Vibrant Sound Bridge (VSB) is the choice of individuals who cannot use conventional aids or who do not achieve sufficient benefit with them. It is designed to treat individuals with mild to severe Sensorineural hearing loss as well as conductive and mixed hearing losses.
With the Vibrant Sound Bridge, the ear canal remains completely open. Sound can be enjoyed without feedback or imitating whistling. Users report a significant improvement in clarity of speech and overall sound quality, including their own voice.
Sound quality is generally described as “natural” conversations in restaurants, in group, within the family, and in public places can be enjoyed once again. Musicians and singers who wish to hear harmonics undistorted by the occlusion effect and who rely on good perception of high frequency sounds, can benefit from the direct drive design of the Vibrant Sound Bridge.
Product for Middle Ear Implant
1) External Device- Speech Processor (Microphone, Digital Signal Processing Programming Socket, Battery, Transmission of Signal to the Implanted Part)
The external device (Amade audio processor) is designed to focus on speech coming from directly in front of the user while reducing background noise. Dual microphone technology with directional mode gives users the comfort to reduce interference from the back and from the side. The processor constantly monitors for unexpected loud sounds and reduces interference caused by wind.
These intelligent features of Middle ear implant allow the user to communicate clearly and comfortable with colleagues and friends in every situation.
2) Internal Device-VORP (Internal coil, Magnet, demodulator, donductor link, FMT)
How it work?
The Middle ear implant of the Vibrant Sound Bridge features the innovation technology of the Floating Mass Transducer (FMT). The FMT transmits sounds by vibrating the structures of the middle ear specific to each patient’s hearing needs. The VSB is the only middle ear implant featuring a single point attachment, i.e. the FMT is only attached to the stimulated structure in the middle ear. This makes it independent of skull growth and therefore suitable of the use in children.
Advantages of Middle Ear Implant surgery
It leads both to significantly better speech perception and to a better subjective sound quality.
It works differently
-directly stimulates middle ear structures with mechanical vibrations (“direct drive”)
It sounds different
-high amplification in high frequencies (up to 8000 Hz.)
-high quality of speech and sound
– own voice sounds more natural
-no feedback whistling
It feels different
-ear canal remains completely open
-nothing in or on the ear
-highest wearing comfort
It looks different
-worn discreetly and comfortably under the hair
Candidates for Middle Ear Implant surgery
1) Sensorineural Hearing Loss
- Mild to severe Sensorineural hearing loss
- Normal tympanometry
- Normal anatomy of the middle ear
- Speech understanding >50% (at 65dB) for word lists with amplification or at most comfortable level under earphones.
- Stable hearing loss
2) Mixed & Conductive Hearing Loss
- Conductive & Mixed hearing loss
- Suitable vibratory structure of the ear
- Absence of active middle ear infection
- Absence of chronic fluid in the ear
- Stable bone conduction thresholds